Re: ffmpeg library names with versions

smita sovani
Hello team,

Any feedback on below topic?

Regards,
Smita

On Fri, Jan 3, 2020 at 3:52 PM smita sovani <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello support team,
ffmpeg version 3.3.3  generated library files with library version lincluded in the name e.g - libavcodec.so.57.89.100
ffmpeg version 3.4.7 does not have version number included in names library files and file names end with "so." e.g. name looks like  - libavcodec.so.
Is there any config flag to be used during build to get the version numbers as part of library file names?
I feel that this is the reason why ffmpeg version 3.4.7 (and onwards) is not getting compiled with mpv. Please correct if understanding in not correct.
Regards,
Smita

Re: ffmpeg library names with versions

Carl Eugen Hoyos-2
> On Fri, Jan 3, 2020 at 3:52 PM smita sovani <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> ffmpeg version 3.3.3  generated library files with library version lincluded in the name e.g - libavcodec.so.57.89.100
>> ffmpeg version 3.4.7 does not have version number included in names library files
>> and file names end with "so." e.g. name looks like  - libavcodec.so.

(configure line missing)

If you believe you found a regression in how FFmpeg's configure script names the
compiled libraries, please run git bisect to find the change
introducing the regression.

Note that versions 3.3 and 3.4 are old and get even less support than other
releases.

Please find out what top-posting means and avoid it here.