Saving mpeg2 to disk

Jordan Dressman
I would like to save video to disk, I'm using mpeg2 codec and the
problem is I have to start saving with an I-frame or WMP will not play
it.

So I have a ring buffer that holds all the incoming encoded data.  The
trick is determining if a received encoded packet is a I-frame or not.
The mpeg2 decoder does not immediately decode frames (there seems to be
a delay of about 2/3 frames) so I can't check AVFrame->keyframe becuase
I don't know which piece of data it actually corresponds to.

Any suggestions?