frame rate conversion

Torsten Büchner
Hi,

is it possible to change the frame rate of a video. If yes, which part
of libav can do the job?

i suppose it is avcodec, since some frames needs to be merged.

regards,
Torsten

Re: frame rate conversion

Stefano Sabatini
On date Wednesday 2008-07-16 09:34:41 +0200, Torsten Büchner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is it possible to change the frame rate of a video. If yes, which part
> of libav can do the job?

I think you need to decode and reencode again, or maybe you may use
for example something like this (no transcoding required):
ffmpeg -i input.ext -acodec copy -vcodec copy -r out_framerate output.ext

> i suppose it is avcodec, since some frames needs to be merged.

AFAIK ffmpeg/libavcodec doesn't support video frames interpolation or
merging, it only skips or duplicates frames as far as the framerate
conversion is involved.

HTH, regards.