how to add a tag in a AVI file

khenyh
Hello,
I need to add a tag in each AVI file I create. This tag contains the date of
creation of the file.
I would like to know if ffmpeg has a method to create such a tag, or is it
possible to add (with a ffmpeg method) any kind of tag ?

Nicolas Krieger

Re: how to add a tag in a AVI file

Stefano Sabatini
On date Friday 2008-06-06 11:03:46 +0200, Nicolas Krieger wrote:
> Hello,
> I need to add a tag in each AVI file I create. This tag contains the date of
> creation of the file.
> I would like to know if ffmpeg has a method to create such a tag, or is it
> possible to add (with a ffmpeg method) any kind of tag ?

No AVFormatContext contains a very limited subset of tags (track,
title, author, copyright, comment, album, year), but there is no one
for a timestamp.

You need to use a separate tool or you can develop libavtag ;-)

See for example:
http://thread.gmane.org/20080311153054.GL24041@MichaelsNB

Regards.

2008/6/6, Stefano Sabatini <[hidden email]>:

> On date Friday 2008-06-06 11:03:46 +0200, Nicolas Krieger wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I need to add a tag in each AVI file I create. This tag contains the date
> of
> > creation of the file.
> > I would like to know if ffmpeg has a method to create such a tag, or is
> it
> > possible to add (with a ffmpeg method) any kind of tag ?
>

> No AVFormatContext contains a very limited subset of tags (track,
> title, author, copyright, comment, album, year), but there is no one
> for a timestamp.
>
> You need to use a separate tool or you can develop libavtag ;-)
>
> See for example:
> http://thread.gmane.org/20080311153054.GL24041@MichaelsNB
>
> Regards.

OK
I'm very new to audio/video codec, I must learn more to develop libavtag :-)