using libav* to develop RTP application

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

using libav* to develop RTP application

Zichao Wu
Hi, all

I am trying to develop a MMS media conversion application by using
libavcodec, libavformat. In my design, when MMSC receives a video clip and
detect recipient handset has no capability to view that video clip, MMSC
will stream that video clip to another standalone application to convert and
stream the new format video clip back to MMSC.

Does anybody have similar experiences or example code to call FFMPEG RTP
functions?

Thanks!

Zichao Wu

 

  _____  

I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users.
It has removed 17730 spam emails to date.
Paying users do not have this message in their emails.
Try SPAMfighter <http://www.spamfighter.com/len>  for free now!


  _____  

I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users.
It has removed 17730 spam emails to date.
Paying users do not have this message in their emails.
Try SPAMfighter <http://www.spamfighter.com/len>  for free now!

_______________________________________________
libav-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mplayerhq.hu/mailman/listinfo/libav-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: using libav* to develop RTP application

Luca Abeni
Zichao Wu wrote:

> Hi, all
>
> I am trying to develop a MMS media conversion application by using
> libavcodec, libavformat. In my design, when MMSC receives a video clip and
> detect recipient handset has no capability to view that video clip, MMSC
> will stream that video clip to another standalone application to convert and
> stream the new format video clip back to MMSC.
>
> Does anybody have similar experiences or example code to call FFMPEG RTP
> functions?

Do you want to receive RTP streams, or to send RTP streams?
In the first case, you can just use regular libavformat calls, using the
SDP description of the streams as input file.
In the second case, you have to open an "rtp:/..." output per stream,
and use the "rtp" format for those outputs.


                                Luca
_______________________________________________
libav-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mplayerhq.hu/mailman/listinfo/libav-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: using libav* to develop RTP application

Zichao Wu
Thanks! Luca

The MMSC will send RTP streams, and the standalone application(RTP Server)
will receive RTP streams.Do you think it is possible RTP Server listens on a
port to receive a RTP stream other than rely on SDP file?
Another question,have you had the experience to compile ffmpeg on Solaris
platform?
Thanks a lot!
Zichao Wu

-----Original Message-----
From: [hidden email]
[mailto:[hidden email]] On Behalf Of Luca Abeni
Sent: July 22, 2008 7:01 AM
To: Libav* user questions and discussions
Subject: Re: [libav-user] using libav* to develop RTP application

Zichao Wu wrote:
> Hi, all
>
> I am trying to develop a MMS media conversion application by using
> libavcodec, libavformat. In my design, when MMSC receives a video clip and
> detect recipient handset has no capability to view that video clip, MMSC
> will stream that video clip to another standalone application to convert
and
> stream the new format video clip back to MMSC.
>
> Does anybody have similar experiences or example code to call FFMPEG RTP
> functions?

Do you want to receive RTP streams, or to send RTP streams?
In the first case, you can just use regular libavformat calls, using the
SDP description of the streams as input file.
In the second case, you have to open an "rtp:/..." output per stream,
and use the "rtp" format for those outputs.


                                Luca
_______________________________________________
libav-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mplayerhq.hu/mailman/listinfo/libav-user

--
I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users.
It has removed 17927 spam emails to date.
Paying users do not have this message in their emails.
Get the free SPAMfighter here: http://www.spamfighter.com/len

_______________________________________________
libav-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mplayerhq.hu/mailman/listinfo/libav-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: using libav* to develop RTP application

Luca Abeni
Zichao Wu wrote:
> Thanks! Luca
>
> The MMSC will send RTP streams, and the standalone application(RTP Server)
> will receive RTP streams.Do you think it is possible RTP Server listens on a
> port to receive a RTP stream other than rely on SDP file?

No, SDP is the only reliable way to describe an RTP session.

> Another question,have you had the experience to compile ffmpeg on Solaris

No, I do not use solaris. But I've seen some reports about it in the past...
Maybe you can ask on ffmpeg-user.


                                Luca
_______________________________________________
libav-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mplayerhq.hu/mailman/listinfo/libav-user